How to Change the CID Number of your HTC One to SuperCID (M8 or M7)
Changing your CID to SuperCID on your HTC One (M7, or M8) comes with the major benefit of being able to install any ROM from any carrier to your phone. This means that if you see a “T-Mobile only ROM” out there, you can install it on your phone even if you have AT&T HTC One with S-OFF. Or if you see a “AT&T only ROM”, you can install that ROM on your T-Mobile HTC One with S-OFF, etc
In order to be able to change the CID Number of your HTC One to SuperCID, you will need to have S-OFF on your HTC Smartphone.
- If you have an HTC One M8, click here for S-OFF instructions.
- If you have an HTC One M7, click here for S-OFF instructions.
After you gain S-OFF, you will need to download adb and fastboot.
Change your CID number to SuperCID (Step-By-Step):
- Connect your HTC One M7 or M8 to your PC
- Make sure you enable USB Debugging from the Developers Options Menu
- Extract fastboot_adb.zip file that you downloaded
- Open the fastboot_adb folder
- Press and hold enter on your keyboard and right click on your mouse while your mouse pointer is hovering inside the fastboot_adb folder. You will see “Open command window here” option under right click options. Click it.
- Type in the following command to go into the fastboot mode: adb reboot bootloader
- Once in fastboot type in: fastboot oem writecid 1111111
- You are now supercid
- If you ever need to go back to your original cid number, repeat steps 1 through 6, but for step number 7 type in: fastboot oem writecid YOUR_ORIGINAL_CID_NUMBER
- You can simply google your original cid number for your carrier (e.g. “HTC One AT&T CID number” or “Verizon HTC One M8 CID number”, etc)
IMPORTANT: SuperCID blocks OTA updates. So anytime you want to get OTA updates, you must change your CID number back to your original CID number for your specific carrier.